Sunday, December 09, 2007

Rain Train to Surin



I arrived in Surin 03 Oct, 2007 at 0503 in the morning under a weak gray sodden sky in the midst of was once a typhoon, now pouring its once vicious heart onto the SE Asian landscape in a gentle deluge. It was an incessant drizzle like a fine mist falling, seemingly for days, wet to be sure but giving one the impression of being underwater. Now coming home after almost a year, I find the damp to have encroached upon my photographic equipment in the form of molds and mildews. So began the struggle , a seemingly acclivitous advance toward my destination of Fine Art Photography. I had resolved to work mainly in large and medium formats. Bringing with me an 8x10 Rochester View camera with four lenses and a Hassleblad 500C with 3 lenses.


I thought it would be easy, but as usual it has not. It seems that nothing is easy. Everything that could go wrong has. My developers weren't working, I tried mixing my own (Cafenol-C). Still no solid results, so when in BKK next I bought some raw chemical to make more developers. Having better results but not totally satisfied with the work yet!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Edward S. Isaacs said...

Very good shots.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home