Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fast Forward the Nutshell



This Blog is way behind and needing an update badly. So rather than just skip to the present I will condense the past 8 months into a nutshell and hit the fast forward.
05 October, 2007 found me flying back from Thailand to the US.

With a 3 weeks stop in Santa Barbara, visiting my Dad. On 26 October I took a nice long train ride to Seattle. Something like a 36 hr ride, but comfortable and relaxing.

On 28 October, I enrolled in Crawford's Nautical school for my license upgrade to Master 1,600 Ton and 2nd Mate Any Gross Tons, Upon Oceans.

After 3.5 months of studying, a mountain of books and notes I began testing in Mid February at the USCG Regional Exam Center and received my license on26 February, 2007. Next order of business was securing a job, which I did at Stabbert Maritime, Ocean Services on the R/V Davidson. While waiting for the ship to begin the job. I had a Photographic exhibit at The Black Box Gallery,4911 Aurora Ave Seattle Wa, on the 12, 13th and 14th of March. I wouldn't exactly call the show a hit, but it was worth it to me and some of my friends who made it all worthwhile. Most of these photographs
can now be seen at my Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanphoto/

26 of April, 2007 found me coming aboard the “Davidson” in Ballard, Wa.

After crewing up and conducting sea trails we were underway for Alaska on 01 May, 2007

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good update.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home