Wednesday, May 17, 2006

10 May, 2006







0400 Alarm rings.
0430 Driver 'Vuth' picks me up.
0450 Enter grounds. Get passed by 7 tuk tuks full of tourist heading to the sunrise at Angkor. Wonder why my driver is so slow.
0505 Arrived Phnom Bakheng. Start climbing the hill in the dark amid lightning and thundery skies. I dimly make out a sign that says "Beware of elephants". Then I see what appear to be eyes on the trail ahead, but it turns out to be a sign that says "No running up the hill" and I think sheesh who’s going to run up this hill. It's steep going with lots of rocks and big tree roots. Halfway I meet a Cambodian guy on his way up too and we joke about running up.
0515 Arrived at the top of Phnom Bakheng an early 10th Century temple dedicated to Yasodharesvara 'The Lord of the one who bears glory'. Views from the top are magnificent. I set up my camera and tripod and wait for sunrise.
0526 Began taking photographs.
0542 Sunrise.
0716 Complete photography and head to Angkor Wat.
0731 Begin photography at Angkor Wat.
0956 Complete photography and head for Hotel and a nap.
1210 Go to the Gran Cafe for breakfast and after, another massage. Later go for a walk along the river and take some infrared shots.
1730 Dinner at Le Tigre Papier. Bed early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home